There are many important skills any leader needs to have and many traits that good leaders display. I've listed what I consider the most important leadership skills and traits in my article What Is A Leader
. Which skill or trait do you think is most important? Is it one I listed or one I missed? What is the one leadership skill or trait that separates a great leader from all the rest? Tell your peers your choice and why it's important.
- Leaders must be competent in their respective field; know how and when to follow other leaders and have great listening skills.
- Leadership is both a role and a mindset. I say this because it takes both to build, maintain and nurture a community's culture. It is that culture that will move a business forward and represent the best interests of customers and employees. The mindset is one of performance. The role is to ensure quality, integrity, accountability, compassion and balance to the leader's business community, internally and externally.
- —Guest Elliot DeBear
- A Leader is one who has both the commitment and competencies to identify different developmental levels of his/her team members and apply different leadership styles( Direct, Coach, Mentor and Support) to get desired results.
- —Guest Mc Victor
More than Leading
- A great leader not only develops and directs a successful team that respects him or her; but can do the things that are asked of their team members. They get in the trenches, they understand the challenges of their team and they provide solutions and promote the team to do the same for the ultimate good of the team and the company.
- —Guest Givens
- Leaders DO RIGHT THINGS while
Managers DO THINGS RIGHT
- A leader must be discipline,selfless,thougthful with quick reflexes,focused n courageous.Yes,visionary n must lead my example,transparent n truthful,must uphold positive virtues against all vices.
- —Guest ALBERT C.OKONKWO
Must Be Ready to Become a Slave
- A good leader must be ready to become a slave to others & should also carry his/her people along but must especially HUMBLE; HONEST & REALISTIC and should live an examplary life.
- —Guest Abraham Victor
the vision of leaders
- Vision's leaders is the path to the future.a perspective a very fantasic that all people want to go to.but they can't go to that alone-they need a person lead them.it is you
- —Guest tantutuan
- A Leader must have a vision, take full responsibility for decision taken either right or wrong, stand by his subordinates in difficult situations, hear the opinion of others before taking decisions and lead by example.
- —Guest Usman Danjuma
- A Leader is one who must be visionary. A vision for customer satisfaction.
- —Guest tilaye
- I like what guest fall has written. I now undestand what a leader is.
- —Guest kiddy
operation lead management.
- I have been working as a Lead Operation Management for 6 years, I enjoy my job, and enjoy guiding employees to get their goals in their dayly basis. Guiding or management employees is a good experience because mny employees have diferent characters and culture, Speciallly in The United States of America because there many diffrent culture.
- —Guest lilo Monterroso
- A leader is one who makes his subbordinates feel comfortable to talk openly. He must lead from the front, Identify key issues and address them. His vision should be to show the path to people he is responsible for. He should be able to make his people feel respected. He should never show partiality in working environment. A very important trait which he must inculcate among his men is to always accept their mistake without fear.
- —Guest Guest Girish
- A leader is one who knows the way, who shows the way and who goes the way while influencing others to accompany and assist him to fulfill group goals while fulfilling their potentials.
- —Guest DanielMomma
A masterful individual..
- A leader is someone that inspires people to WANT to follow/emulate them by embodying the virtues, mastery, skill, and well founded confidence that others seek and admire.
- —Guest Theresa C.