From the article: Buzzword Bingo
Buzzwords - words or phrases that get overused to the point of being comical if not downright worthless. Do things like think outside the box, paradigm shift, and eyeballs annoy you? What about touch base, thought process, or synergy? What's your least favorite business buzzword? What word or phrase would you ban from the language if you could? Your Least Favorite?
- Name it EQ (emotional quotient) or EI (emotional intelligence) is one of the most quoted phrase these days. Made almost a fad by theorists, trainers and authors. After all what is emotional intelligence, balancing of emotions as per circumstances. Beyond this grain of truth most of it is husk.
- —Guest KN VENKATESH
least favorite buzzword
- Scenario - Let's look at this scenario. Scenario if you have a loss. Over and over by a producer
- —Guest Susan
Strategizing & proactive team player.
- Seriously? Corporate gibberish has spawned many online "hate" sites.
- —Guest Grace
- Innovative Cost Effective Low Hanging Fruit Out of the Box Best of Breed Quality
- —Guest Jeffrey Fry
- "At the end of the day"....there's always an end of the day why wait for the END? Get it over with and make a decision b4 "the end of the day"
- —Guest Lind
- Everybody and everything is referred to as a team, even companies and individuals that don't really have a working relationship.
- —Guest Guest Barry
- I hear this phrase often, while it it true it seems to get under my skin. The phrase "it is, what it is". If it truly is what it is, why not lets change it to make it better instead of just compromising with what you got!
- —Guest Tom
- Hated it years ago, and yet still am hearing 24/7 STOP!
- —Guest Rita Emmett
Bandwith and scope creep
- Who thought a computer term would turn into a phrase about projects that you could or could not take on. "My team doesn't have the bandwith to complete that." UGH! Just as bad as scope creep
- —Guest waltk4130
- How can every new apartment in the country be 'stunning'.
- —Guest Maryvonne
least fav buzzword
- u know what i mean!! who knows what u r thinking in ur head! very vague
- —Guest lisa
- "leading". Every company in my town is "a leading company", accoring to its ads and press releases. There are so many leading companies here, it makes one wonder where did all the non-leading companies go! "excellence". A meaningless ambigious word that often goes together with "service". "trusted". "Trusted service provider". "The company you can trust". "Trust us, we're experts". "innovative". Oftentimes used by the companies that swapped their corporate color from green to lettuce.
- —Guest masquenada
- i really dislike the words cannot and if only. because we can do if we have the capacity. we should not say cant, if we can do it. without trying we should not say cant and if only
- —Guest vadhiraj
- I always hear this on meetings, yet we seem to be stagnant because of culture. when will this "moving forward" thing start??
- —Guest Janice
- If I hear one more person talk about "intentionality" I will explode. This buzzword is AWFUL and extremely pervasive in Higher education.
- —Guest Jim
- "It should be" is most irritated word to me.to me , this wishful thinking type word is used frequently to shift responsibility to others.
- —Guest nayyar jamal
- Anything to do with the word 'economy'. I know we probably can't eliminate the word, but phrases like "economic downturn" or "tough economic times"- heard at least 1,000 times per day is enough to make me scream!
- —Guest MN