From the article: Employee Retention Tips
Employee retention is important. What do you do that increases employee retention where you work? What's your best tip? What Keeps Employees Here
Let them develop their ideas
- Don't always let them stick to one way of thinking. They may have good ideas that can take the company to a different level. Create the platform for them to develop flow in their ideas and thoughts.
- —Guest Sampson Aglanu
A Good Salary Helps Also
- Given todays' market conditions, periodic salary reviews (and raises) may sometimes help overcome other less acceptable conditions in keeping good talent from leaving. Don't wait for them to ask, either. Management should be proactive.
TIPS TOi EMPLOYEES' RETENTION
- Employees should be identified with most especially when they have personal problem(s). The use of Management by objective will make employees have sense of belonging.
- —Guest Moruf Tiamiyu
Evaluate supervisor, manager & director
- Good employees that are poorly guided by leaders that are out of touch with the day to day workings end up annoyed and will look for other opportunities. Evaluate the effectiveness of ALL the staff; supervisors assess their reports, let the operative level staff assess the management or at the very least their immediate supervisors. Find out what they don't like and see if that can be resolved. Personally, I'm leaving my position because my supervisor is incredibly unprofessional and I don't trust him to mentor me any more. I've out grown my boss' management style. If someone would have asked me about this and offered an option such as a different reporting structure, I might not be leaving my post as a supervisor of a large group.
- —Guest Essentials
- Actions to be taken to make all the people feel that they are part of growing company and they have voice and dignity and do not get stagnated or victimized.
- —Guest Sirisha
- Providing more opportunities and challenges which the team member could deliver could also keep the motivation on the higher side. The chances of job retention are better if the team member could enjoy their respective jobs.
- —Guest Khurram
Develop Participatory culture
- Manager has to develop participatory culture in team to increase employee retention.
- —Guest KS
Listen, reflect, take action
- Listen to everyone, filter what you hear and then act acordingly.
- —Guest Eusebio
- Increase communication, always listen, and serious consider how to make your key leader to move forward. Important : always check and review your immediate key leader development, and train them to do the same with their immediate subordinate... and pass down.
- —Guest aerithilynn
Job Fit makes the biggest diffference
- I find that an employee who is naturally suited for their job is generally happy and motivated- both high contributors to employee retention and productivity. Here is more info on topic-looking at the influence of behavioral assessments in attaining the very best job fit for great results. http://www.piworldwide.com/PredictiveINdex/PrintDetail.asp?ReferenceKeyword=CentierCS2009
DONT AVOID THE IMPORTANCE OF OLD EMPLOYE
- The role of old employee is most important for any organization but they feel that the underestimate by the organization, they dont feel heart. Give importance with care.
- —Guest P.SINGH
How to keeps your staff?
- Take care your staff as well as your family...There are the ways to success...
- —Guest Surachai
My Best Tip
- Put them in places and situations where they can succeed.