The Bottom Line
- Short and to the point; an easy read
- Full of ideas to put to use right now
- Requires managers to leave their comfort zone
- Requires discipline most managers lack
- The opening "fable" pulls you in and sets the context for the meat of the book, the four disciplines
- The four disciplines are laid out in enough detail to understand and relate to.
- It ends with a self-assessment and guidelines for putting the four disciplines to work in your firm.
Guide Review - Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive
1. Build and maintain a cohesive leadership team 2. Create organizational clarity 3. Over-communicate organizational clarity 4. Reinforce organizational clarity through human systems.
Four succinct steps that when taken in order can make any organization world class. Most managers have the necessary skill. The question is how many have the discipline. If you do, you can lead your organization to its full potential. Read this book on your next flight.