1. Money

Undercover Boss - Is It For Real?

By September 27, 2010

The CBS show Undercover Boss is on again for the new season. It's a series of programs where CEOs of large US corporations go undercover and pretend to be an entry-level worker in their own company. No one seems to notice the camera crew following the "new employee" around. While I applaud the idea of the CEOs getting out to see how their employees work, and how they are treated, I question how much of this reality show is real. What do you think? Take our poll below.
Comments
October 4, 2010 at 7:31 pm
(1) Bernard B says:

I believe that their is a plausible explanation for the cameras to be there. They could be told this is part of a training video being produced to study flows of new employees with existing employees.

I do agree however that it leaves a little question and some room for disassociation from real work environment.

October 4, 2010 at 8:00 pm
(2) Chris B says:

They are told that this person (The undercover boss) is doing a documentary about “entry level” positions within that certain industry. FYI. It’s real.

January 22, 2011 at 12:29 am
(3) Pat G says:

Jen on the Belfor show looked very familiar. Has anyone else seen her on TV before? I like Jen, but I wonder if she and the show is “real” because I am almost positive that I have seen/met/etc. Jen on the Belfor show! Can anyone explain?

February 1, 2011 at 8:34 pm
(4) craig says:

Not really real. Too many other employees go unnoticed. How about Undercover Boss with Undercover Camera? That would be more real.

April 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm
(5) Jen says:

Pat- I can assure you that I have never done anything on tv outside of local tv news interviews. I must have a doppleganger out there!

October 25, 2013 at 9:11 pm
(6) Jo-Ann says:

The employee that is “training” the undercover boss, always tells him or her personal information about themselves and or his or her family. I find that a little hard to believe, not everyone is willing to tell personal information to a total stranger. Having said that, I do watch the show, I get a kick out of it.